Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just had permanent eyeliner done!


I've just had permanent eyeliner done!

I did lots of research about which therapist to go to, to be sure it's somebody who does a good job.  I heard about Lisa from Derma Femme in Centurion from a couple of people, and saw a few examples of what she's done, and knew that's where I must go.

When I arrived, I filled in a complete client card, an indemnity form, and read through all the info regarding permanent makeup.  Then Lisa took some "before" piccies and answered all my questions.  Very clever therapist that she is, she offered that another therapist do a pedicure for me at the same time - yes please! :-)

First she applied a topical anaesthetic cream, and waited a little while.  Then she started the work with her lil needle applicator - I chose to not look at it too closely!  Luckily I could keep my eyes closed all the time.  After she made the first line, she put another anaesthetic gel onto it which works a bit deeper.  And then she started with the black pigment.

It wasn't very painful.  But lots of discomfort, the strange vibrating sensation, and here and there it felt as though the numbing cream hadn't worked as well as everywhere else - and when she reapplied the numbing gel it stung quite a bit.

I originally decided to only do the permanent eyeliner on my bottom lid.  I always only drew eyeliner onto my lower lid, never the top.  Lisa then convinced me to do top and bottom eyeliner, saying that it really enhances the lash line so nicely, and cheaper to do both than decide later on to do the top liner.

I was a bit squeamish at having her work so close to my eye - she had to keep asking me to turn my head back towards her.

Luckily time went by quite fast, the pedicure was divine and a nice distraction!

By the time she was done, I was really glad it was over, my eyelids were feeling super tender.  It took about two hours from arriving until leaving - the actual procedure was maybe just over an hour.

It was R1000 for the eyeliner treatment.

She gave me all the home-care info, like applying some vaseline to it, not picking at it, not soaking it, etc - generally to just treat it as a wound.  Also warned me that it could still become quite puffy and red over the next two days or so.

I'll update this post with any after-thoughts.

I'm so pleased I did this, love the idea of not having to draw my lil line every day and wipe it off every night!  And no more smudgey eye makeup or gloop in the corner of my eyes, yay!

I have a touch-up appointment in about 8 weeks' time - then she can thicken the line, or fix anywhere the line isn't regular or smooth.

Definitely would recommend having it done, and would definitely recommend Lisa to do it.

Before piccie:

After piccie:


*Edit:  The day after the procedure was done, my top lids were very swollen.  When I woke up, my eyes were sticking together - luckily the therapist warned me that could happen.  Used wet earbuds to gently wipe them.
I've needed to apply Vaseline to my eyes a few times when it feels a bit tender - also just gently with a cottonbud.
Two days later - the swelling has gone down, but they're quite scratchy - the scabs are already loosening up! I was warned to NOT PICK at them, so am leaving them alone, just wiping with a wet cottonbud sometimes.  Loving how it looks! :-)

*Edit - a week later:  All the "scabs" have come off, and it looks great.  The top lid line is thin, the way I wanted it - it really just enhances my lashes without looking too obvious.  The bottom lines are maybe a bit thin - I did tell her I wanted the bottom line quite thick.  Also, my left eye's bottom line looks thinner than the right side!  I was actually hoping I would be able to give the touch-up appointment a skip, but will definitely go and have the bottom touched-up.

Pic after 9 days:


Yeah, I want that bottom line a bit more prominent.  Must be worth my while, don't want to end up putting eyeliner on over the permanent eyeliner!

12 comments:

  1. Wow eyeliner maak so groot verskil ~ jou oe "pop" sommer. Dit lyk stunning en is rerig so bly dit het goed afgeloop! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie man! Ja, het ook gedink dit maak die groen van my oe bietjie uitstaan, yay!
      Shucks, ek's ook bly dit het goed afgeloop, het darem regtig al horror stories gehoor! Dankie!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow!!!! you are super brave! It definitely changes your look! Stunning

    I would love to have this done! I am eyeliner fanatic but I am super sensitive around that area and just reading your story made my eyes water. I dont know I would be able to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!
      Listen, I would really really recommend you do it!!

      I'm also SO sensitive around my eyes, I hardly ever wear mascara just because of the way it makes my eyes water, and when I had my wedding makeup done, I put on my own eyeliner just coz I didn't want the makeup artist working so close to my eyes!

      I've wanted to have this done for years now, and kept putting it off out of fear of it. But after hearing about a reputable person to do it, I just took the plunge, and am so happy I did!
      Do it, do it!!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Wow Jess! It looks amazing. I also think you're super brave for doing this! I love how it looks but I don't even wear eyeliner cos it freaks me out :-) In fact I'm a big sissy in general ... took me until 2 weeks ago just to get my legs waxed for the first time (I usually just do my face) and I was a big baby about it with my therapist! Loved the result but still debating whether or not to do it again cos it was really EINA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah ouch, yes, I think a leg wax is more painful than this procedure was, hehehe!
      xx

      Delete
  4. It looks absolutely F A B U L O U S ! Well done for being a brave girl and getting this done, I'm way too much of a scared chicken. Jy lyk pragtig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie vriendin! So bly ek het oor my vrees gekom, was wraggies poepbang gewees, maar was verseker die moeite werd!
      xx

      Delete
  5. OUCH!! Think I'll stick with my little pencil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think it was worth it! So pleased I don't need my lil pencil anymore! ;-p

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)