Wednesday, June 24, 2015

OneRepublic Concert

What an epic, unbelievable experience!


My sis and I bought these tickets last November, on the very first day that they went on sale.  I've been a huge fan of OneRepublic for many years, since having "Apologize", "Stop and Stare" and "Say" on repeat, and then with their latest album I can't stop listening to "Preacher", "Something I Need", "Counting Stars" and "If I Lose Myself."  Other awesome favourites are "Love Runs Out" and Good Life".  The lyrics just speak to my soul!


The concert was at the Northgate Dome, so my sis and I found quite a good parking spot, and had a nice supper beforehand.  Then we headed off to find our seats - oh my goodness, the palpable excitement of all the people around us set us off on a natural high - what fun!

The pre-show was performed by Gangs of Ballet - also really fantastic and definitely got the crowd super psyched up.

When OneRepublic started their first song, with just their silhouettes showing on the stage, oh my gosh, I just tried to savour the moment, didn't want it to end!

 


It was such a fun night out.  Special times!


This is me, escaping out the door for my night out. ;-)  Wyn stayed home with the two girlies.


I still can't stop listening to OneRepublic songs in my car and watching their music videos.  Such talent! ♥  Seeing a band live always makes it that much more meaningful to listen to their songs, takes me right back to clapping, screaming and dancing!  Hope they come back to SA again in a few years time.  Would love to take Wyn to see them too!

xx

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely night out. Wish more excellent bands would come to PE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can comment here again, yay!
      I know, it's a pity the bands always just do Jhb and CT!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That a fab experience, Jess! They are awesome, and I love them too. Glad you had a great concert :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs, ooooh, looking forward to Bon Jovi coming here again, so that we can plan another get-together!! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. visat de turista de l'Índia

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! :-)