We made Easter cards to give to family members - super easy and fun and came out so pretty - I'll do a step-by-step explanation of the craft below the piccies.
Then we went off to my sister's house - my folks are visiting for the weekend, yay! Mia helped decorate the Easter Tree - first time we do this, but definitely a new tradition to keep! My mom has this little wire tree, and she bought little hanging egg ornaments - it looks beautiful and festive!
After decorating the tree, my mom and Mia did some gardening, planting beautiful daffodils in pots - a perfect spot for the Easter Bunny to hide a choccie or two! ;-)
I found this idea for an Easter craft on Pinterest.
- I didn't print out an egg template, just drew some on a couple of papers, and then the same amount that I drew, I cut out using my craft knife, to use for the "frame".
- Cut strips of coloured paper - old bits of scrapbook paper worked perfectly for this.
- Then I let Mia put glue on the page with the drawn egg template, this can be nice and messy, doesn't have to be done exactly right. :-)
- Then positioned the coloured strips of paper on the glue - here I helped Mia to arrange them reasonably straight.
- Then use the other paper with the cut-out egg, put more glue onto either paper, and stick it on to create the Easter egg effect of the coloured paper strips.
- I used the paper-cutter to then just cut off around the edges to get it nice and tidy.
- What got me excited about this craft, is how you can apply this to whatever theme you want! Yay!