Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathersday Weekend


Wyn is in Kuwait for a week, and he had to leave on Friday - getting back this Friday night only.  So we celebrated our own lil Fathersday on Thursday night, with a special dinner and pudding, and gave Wyn his prezzies.



Then Mia and I were off to my folks in Pietersburg for the weekend.  My sis, bro, and my bro's girlfriend were there too, so it was nice to spend time with everyone.

Mia absolutely loved my sister's iPad, I was amazed at how she just knew how to work the touch screen!  She had some fun doing some puzzle and colouring apps that my sis downloaded for her.



We had a yummy sushi lunch at Cape Town Fish Market, mmm.



On Sunday morning we all gathered in my parents room and gave my Dad his prezzies.  Check Mia guzzling her tea bottle in bed!



Mia and I slept together both nights - the first night I didn't sleep very well - I was so aware of this lil person next to me, and she flopped her arm on my face a few times! Also, Wyn was still traveling and only arrived at his hotel after 2am, and I was waiting for his message the whole time to let me know he had arrived safely.  Saturday night I was so exhausted, we slept so well, until almost 8am! Heavenly.
 
We came back home on Sunday afternoon - I was too scared that the road would be too busy with today being a public holiday!
 
The house is super quiet without Wyn here in the evenings.  Last night I was already in bed with my book at 8pm! Can't wait for him to get back on Friday.
 
xx


4 comments:

  1. Love all the stunning piccies, Jess! Yay, one less night without Wyn now... may the other 3 pass quickly too :-)
    Jamie also adores the iPad, such a cool tool with so many lessons for the little ones. I always laugh so much after Jamie had the iPad, when he wants to do something on my BB (which is not touch screen), he gets confused when he touches the screen hehe.
    Great Father's Day spoiling! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs - the week is going quite fast, Wyn will be back before I know it! ;-)
      Oh LOL, too cute @ Jamie getting confused with touch screen between iPad and BB!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely family-focussed weekend :) Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really was special family quality time.
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)