Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Liefling" show at the State Theatre

The inlaws have been visiting for a few days, and they got us tickets to go see Liefling at the State Theatre.  I'm really a huge fan of Bobby van Jaarsveld's music, and although I haven't seen the Liefling movie yet, I knew I would enjoy this show.


But wow, I didn't know just how much I would enjoy it!  I laughed out loud, and I cried at how beautiful it was, it really moved me!

Before the show we enjoyed a glass of vino, and took some piccies.



 
 
After the show, we waited for a while to see if we could get Bobby's autograph.  A few of the other actors came out and signed our programme, and they said that Bobby slipped out the back - we wouldn't get to see him.  Aaaaaw!
 
Walking through the parking lot back to our car - we were talking about being disappointed in not seeing Bobby, and the woman walking behind us suddenly said, "Sorry you couldn't see Bobby, but here's his mom!"  What a friendly lady!  Next thing she takes her phone out and phones him for us - he didn't answer, so we chatted to her for a while.  After a few minutes, her phone rang, Bobby was phoning her back!  She said hi to him and said she met some fans that were really keen to chat to him - then gave the phone to skoonma to say hi, and then she passed it to me!  YAY!!!
 
I told him that I really enjoyed the show, and bought the CD.
I then told him that I recently saw him at the gym, and was looking at him so much that I exercised my calves until they cramped!  Hahahaha, I wouldn't have been able to say that to him face to face!
 
 

What fun.  Really loved it.
xx
 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! It's always nice to get to chat to a star. And I definitely wouldn't have been able to even talk never mind confess about watching him in gym lol

    Looks like you had super loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Kim, it really was a LOT of fun!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, at first I thought you were actually posing with him, then realised it was a cardboard cutout, then read the rest of your blog. What a nice Mum hey, too cute of her to call

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His mom was a super sweet lady, wow!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Haha I really giggled about you telling him how you watched him in the gym - cute man! Love all the pics - looking stunning there, Jess! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe Debs, in hindsight I can't believe I told him that! *blush*
      Thanks for compliment, love my new green jacket.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I don't have a clue who Bobby van Jaarsveld is, but I can tell from the way that you are blushing in that photo that he must be quite a hottie! Lol. What a cool experience Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Rox do yourself a favour and Google him! One HOT hottie!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)