Tuesday, March 11, 2014

33 weeks scan, and tentative birth date set!

This morning I got to see my lil Ella again! ♥

She's still quite small, but growing nicely nonetheless.  The doc said, before starting the sonar, that she should weigh around 2.2kg - she measured in at 2kg exactly.  (For interest's sake, at my 34-week sonar with Mia, she was 2.6kg already!)

Baby girl's not in breech position anymore, was lying head down - face up, the doc could see her face, I couldn't make it out tho.  No piccie to share either, aaaw.

The doc wants to do an induction of labour, for two reasons: due to the fact that I had high blood pressure at the end of my last pregnancy, it's very likely that it will happen again, so rather than to wait for baby to arrive, we'll rather induce.  Secondly, for ease of planning - for the doc, as she's going away at the end of April, and for me, so that I can plan family to be here to look after Mia.  Dr Jacquie says that seeing as the induction went so well with Mia's birth, chances are it'll go perfectly again.

Dr Jacquie looked at her dates, and said she does the inductions on Wednesdays, and doesn't like to do it more than 10 days before the due date - so that gave us Wednesday the 23rd of April.  Yay! That's 6 weeks away!  Woooohooooo, eeeeeeek! ;-)

I'll be 39w1d then.  There's always the chance that Ella might surprise us and I could go into labour before then, so I will pack my hospital bags soon, and do my best to have family on standby to help out with Mia, but for now, we'll be planning for the 23rd. :-)

I went to the maternity ward to open my file there, and got all the info I need from them regarding what I must pack, and signed all the necessary consent forms.  Starting to feel so real now!

Ella's really been kicking up a storm.  Sometimes really painful karate jabs, other times little tickles, hiccups, rolling movements, scratching movements.  She moves a lot at night when I lie with my tummy against Wyn's back, this morning he said, "she must be so tired, she's been awake the whole night!" LOL!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Aww man.
    I'm so sceptical about these "planned" birth dates. Like I said, I thought I had it all planned. Liam was due on the 28th, planned CS for 21st and Liam popped by 3 weeks early on the 8th. Hehe, I hope things go the way you plan. Ooh on the high BP during pregnancy, that must be scary huh?
    Really, really can't wait for your little person to arrive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you RE the planned dates... I think for me, it's nice to be able to have a date in my head to try and plan things around - but I know that there's a good possibility of baby coming earlier on her own.
      Ah you know what, the high BP wasn't so scary actually. It only started at 38 weeks, and then doc did the induction at 38w5d, and I felt quite alright, and the birth went so well, so it wasn't a bad experience with the BP issues.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Awww @ Lil Ella ♥. Sounds like such a cute, petite little girly! So fab that she is growing so well and that she has turned. Yay, only 6 more weeks until her arrival, regtig nou min dae! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six weeks are gonna fly by, I know it!! Woohoo!
      xx

      Delete
  3. She is growing beautifully and her birthday is just around the corner now. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting. Nerve-wrecking too - but more exciting! ;-)
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)