1. How far along are you now? 25 weeks today!
2. When is your due date? 29 April 2014
3. What has been your preggy high this week? Loving her kicks, and the way Wyn can feel them too. Awesome to have a scan today and see her again - a fine nose, and long leggies, and beautiful open hands. Also, today's appointment was with the new gynea, dr Grassie, and she's awesome, I really really like her! Feeling so much more at peace about the whole situation.
4. What has been your preggy low this week? Not feeling happy about my weight gain...
5. What is your current over-riding emotion? Content mostly, and anticipation for this lil body to arrive, and a bit anxious about getting my to-do list in order!
6. What is on your list of things to do in the next month regarding preparation for baby? Get authorisation number from medical aid so that I can pre-book my hospital bed and open file at maternity ward. Order mattress from TreeHouse. Sort through all Mia's baby clothes.
7. What is your current craving? Loving mango, oh yum!
8. How are you feeling physically? Fat, LOL.
9. How are you feeling emotionally? Content.
10. How is your partner dealing with the pregnancy at this stage? Great. He painted her room, and bought her a beautiful flower night light. He was disappointed to miss the scan appointment today.
11. How are you feeling about the pregnancy at this point? It's going by so fast, yet at the same time I can't wait for her to arrive!
12. How much does baby weigh/measure at the moment? 665g today. So little!
13. How much weight have you gained to date? Sore point. After Xmas, holidays, my brother's wedding... I've gained 10kgs already. Very upset about this, and nervous about how much more I'm going to pick up. Trying hard from this week on to make better choices (I just typed "choccies" instead of "choices" - Freudian slip much?!) And really want to try get back into a regular gym routine to tone these muscles. Really need to slow this weight gain down now, don't want to gain more than 15kg in total, eeeek!!!
14. What is the nursery room theme and what have you done for the nursery recently? Hubby painted her room, grey, with a pink stripe through it. (Will share pics soon, just waiting for curtains.) We bought beautiful material, mom-in-law is going to make the curtains, should get them end of February. Not a specific theme, want to stick to the grey and pink colour scheme, and then maybe incorporate animals - have got two bunny canvasses for the walls.
15. What are the latest baby-related items you have bought or got given? Bought a couple of odds and ends for her room - a pink dustbin, a grey laundry basket, a pink mat, storage shelves, some bum creams. A fleece babygro for wintertime.
16. What are you looking forward to? I must admit, as much as I can't wait to have her in my arms, I do realise I need to savour these last three months of pregnancy.
And then, big news, we shared it with family and friends and on Facebook last week - we've decided on her name!
Ella Jill. :-)
"Ella" is a name both Wyn and I have liked, ever since we were name-searching during Mia's pregnancy. We made a list of names a while ago, other names on the list included: Ella, Emma, Lily, Abigail, Kylie, Ava, Amy, Lisa and Lize. After a while we narrowed it down to either Ella or Emma. And while on holiday at the sea, we decided on Ella Jill. :-)
Ella means "beautiful fairy", or "goddess". :-)
Very happy and excited about her name, and it's awesome to talk about her as Ella now. The family have all reacted very positively to her name, everyone loves it. Yay!