1. How old today: 3 Months / 13 weeks
2. Current weight & length: She was 5.4kg at her 10-week vaccs, she must be around the 6kg mark now. Not sure about length!
3. Recent milestone reached: She started laughing out loud last week, it's the most beautiful sound ever! She's also starting to grasp things, very cute. She's managed a 7-hour stretch at night a couple of times, hoping it will become a habit! She loves being pulled into a sitting position, and often puts her legs straight and stands for a few seconds. Strong baba!
4. Next milestone: Getting more control over her movements. More new sounds.
5. How is baby sleeping at night? She's been giving us a good stretch from 9pm til 3 or 4am, which is really great - although the 4am one is difficult, coz by the time I get her back to sleep again just after 5, I have half an hour to sleep before the alarm clock goes off. Hoping she'll stretch that 4am piece to 5am soon!
6. Day naps? She sleeps after an awake time of around 1.5hrs, for around 2 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes she goes to sleep easily, sometimes she fights it. We’re not in a set routine yet, just taking it as it comes.
7. How is feeding going? Combination of breast and bottle feeding. Last weekend I thought it was the end of breastfeeding, the way she was refusing to feed. My boobs got so full and hard and sore! Luckily after two days it went better again - but now she fights the bottle that she gets after her breastfeed - and she needs it, the breast milk isn't enough... Battles battles!
8. Feeding times? Every four hours, on average. Sometimes a bit sooner, sometimes a bit later.
9. What has been the recent baby highs? I just adore her smiles, laughs, and little chatting noises she makes.
10. And baby lows? When she fights sleep!
11. How is the rest of the family doing? Everyone's really adjusted well to being a family of four. Mia loves giving her sister kisses and love, I think she can't wait for more interactions from Ella's side. Wyn helps so much with our evening routine of juggling the two girls at bath and bed time.
12. What has been working best recently, baby-related? Taking me-time and going to the gym! I get a bit frustrated sometimes if I'm struggling to get her to feed or sleep, so it's nice to hand her over to the nanny sometimes.