I haven't had any bread in three weeks - and I really wasn't missing it at all, until our restaurant outing this weekend, and the smell of the fresh bread made my mouth water.
I did a search for Paleo breads, and found quite a few, but most called for almond flour, and I didn't feel like having to go to the shops for ingredients - then I came across this coconut bread one and realised I have most of the ingredients, yay!
Find the recipe here.
- I didn't have enough desiccated coconut, so I had to halve the recipe
- I didn't use any honey as it's not Reboot-friendly - but will definitely add the honey next time, it definitely had 'something' missing
- I just used my stick blender to refine the coconut a little bit - would have been better with a proper food processor to make it more flour-like.
- Due to only making half the recipe, my breadloaf tin was too big - so I improvised and put the batter into my muffin tin!
- The cooking time was a lot faster in the muffin tin, about 25 minutes in total
It really came out surprisingly well - I love the coconut flavour - I served mine with macadamia nut butter - really delicious that way! It's a little bit bland, but I think the honey would have made up for that. And for someone bread-deprived - it was a winner!
Will definitely make this again - who needs garlic bread at a braai when you can have coconut bread!