It's Day 29 of my Reboot Challenge! Feels like just yesterday was day 1 and it felt like 30 days was an eternity, and here I am - tomorrow is last day of Reboot!
I want to reflect a bit on what this Reboot Challenge has done for me and taught me:
- I can actually put my mind to something and stick to it, yay! Nice for this procrastinator to know, hehe.
- I don't need to eat chocolate every single day
- I don't need to drink wine when cooking or when enjoying a social braai
- I can drink tea with no sugar or honey! In fact, I LOVE tea with no sugar added!
- It's been lots of fun to be more adventurous with cooking... I was so stuck in a rut of same-old same-old, so I really enjoyed looking up different ways of making the same thing healthier, and more interesting at the same time!
- I don't think I'll ever make normal cottage pie again, cottage pie with sweet potato is so much better!
- I don't think I'll ever have oven chips again, sweet potato oven chips are delicious.
- Coconut oil is AMAZING! Won't ever cook with another oil again.
- It's really nice to not count calories or "points value" of foods like on Weight Watchers
- My clothes fit better than they have in years
- I'm doing all my usual weight machines at the gym on heavier weights, Reboot has made me stronger!
- It's wonderful to not feel bloated after a meal
- Coffee-shop and restaurant outings are not difficult at all - coffee-shops have awesome selections of tea's to try, and restaurants do steak/chicken breasts/fish with salad - yum!
- My blood-sugar levels are more stabilised, I haven't felt dizzy or shaky while on Reboot
- I'm sleeping better than I have in a long time!
- I am so committed to my workouts - I gym 5 times a week, and I love it - it's my escape, my me-time, and I love how my hubby supports me and motivates me to go exercise
- Hubby was also so strict with me, if I wanted a nibble of a "forbidden" food, he'll tell me, "no ways, you gave this challenge a name, you WILL finish it!" :-)
- Yes, at times it was super tough and I felt quite gatvol - but the rewards make it totally worth it!
- I will recommend this challenge to anybody and everybody, and love hearing from people who feel inspired to give it a bash!
- Reboot is based on the Paleo way of eating - I will definitely be following this as much as possible - lifestyle, not diet!
- Reboot ROCKS! ♥
Here is a progress piccie. This weightloss mission is long and slow - but it's nice to see something is happening! :-)