Tuesday, April 1, 2014

36 Weeks Pregnant!

1.  How far along are you now? 36 weeks today!

2.  When is your due date? 29 April 2014, but an induction of labour is going to be done on the 23rd of April.

3.  What has been your preggy high this week? To-do list is mostly completed.  Almost done packing hospital bags. I love her lil hiccups!

4.  What has been your preggy low this week? Uncomfortable Braxton hicks contractions, and constant pressure on my bladder! I lie awake at night, my mind racing.  My clothes are very tight, feeling very fat!

5.  What is your current over-riding emotion? Hmm, I think mostly I'm quite anxious... Anxious about labour and birth, anxious about Mia, anxious about being prepared...

6.  What is on your list of things to do in the next month regarding preparation for baby?  Finish packing hospital bags.  And put my feet up!

7.  What is your current craving? Tzatsiki dip on salticrax. Delish.

8.  How are you feeling physically? Waddling when I walk, constant pressure on my bladder, uncomfortable when I sleep...  Feeling just like a pregnant woman should in the final weeks of pregnancy, I guess!!

9.  How are you feeling emotionally? Rollercoaster emotions going on, from impatience to meet baby girl, to anxiety at how everything is going to change, worried about labour and birth, amazement at this perfect little person growing inside me...

10.  How is your partner dealing with the pregnancy at this stage? Good, mostly, although struggling to deal with these rollercoaster emotions I'm flinging around the place!

11.  How are you feeling about the pregnancy at this point? I love her lil hiccups, but the Braxton hicks contractions are so uncomfortable... Pregnancy has been fun, but now I'm feeling ready for it to be over and done with!

12.  How much does baby weigh/measure at the moment? No idea, she was 2kg at 33 weeks, guessing she should be around 2.6 - 2.8 at the moment.  Will find out next week at gynea appointment.

13.  How much weight have you gained to date?  I've put the scale away!!!

14.  What is the nursery room theme and what have you done for the nursery recently?  Grey and pink.  It's all finished! Clothes and linen washed, bed made up, toys washed, pram and car seat washed.  Everything ready for the lil body that is going to sleep there!

15.  What are the latest baby-related items you have bought or got given? I was very spoilt with a wonderful baby shower two weeks ago - got a big supply of nappies, wetwipes, toiletries, clothes - super blessed!  Did some last shopping last weekend, of a few odds and ends like baby clothes hangers, sleeping bag, nappy bin refills, newborn vests...  Realised I need a few more receiving blankets, so will get that soon!

16.  What are you looking forward to? Meeting Ella Jill, kissing her lil face and fingers and toes! Helping Mia adjust to being a big sister! Getting my body back to myself! (Well, mostly, seeing as my boobs still won't be my own.)

Bump piccie:


And here's my 36-weeks preggy update I did when I was pregnant with Mia!

Wow, it's my baby's birth month! ♥
xx

10 comments:

  1. Looking really good, Jess! I also get ridiculed for my waddling... and this early in pregnancy!
    Not long to go now, hope your BH eases up soon <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Debs. Really not long to go for either of us, before we know it we'll have these precious girlies in our arms!
      xx

      Delete
  2. She is going to be here so soon! I wanted a pink and grey nursery (so I am a little jealous :) ). Enjoy those last days, and having her to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true @ how I have her to myself now, hey! Aaaaw.
      Hehe thanks, Mia's room is only pink, and way too pink... Really enjoying the grey now with subtle pink touches!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Cool update on you and Ella Jill
    PS, back when Liam was little we couldn't find baby hangers anywhere. DH made some from white conduit (electricians piping) and little brass hooks. Just cut the conduit to size and screw in the brass hook. Brilliant. He must make me bigger ones now
    Can't wait to meet your Lil Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a clever idea to make own hangers, wow! Clever DH!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Can't believe little Ella will be arrive THIS month! Your pregnancy has just whirled by!

    You look wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone by superfast for me too, can hardly believe it!
      Thanks so much Nusha!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Looking fantastic Jess! Just this last little stretch to go and she'll be here :) It all went by so quickly!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rox! Teeny tiny stretch to go, can't believe it.
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)