Monday, April 21, 2014

A special, blessed Easter weekend

This Easter weekend was exactly what I needed. 

Sleeping late every morning, coffee and chocolate in bed, snuggles and cuddles with Wyn and Mia, afternoon naps, a girls-day-out on Saturday for me and Mia - we went to the movies, walked around the shops and had cake at Mugg&Bean - perfect!

Today Mia stayed with my mom and sis for a while and Wyn and I had a date lunch, it was wonderful and special.

Yesterday we had a fun Easter Egg Hunt in our garden for Mia - so much fun playing at being the easter bunny! ;-)  She loved it.  Then we went for a big family lunch at my uncle's house nearby.  Special times indeed, we said we're celebrating the imminent arrival of the newest family member, and my dad's wonderful recovery - he's truly doing very well.

I'm feeling and looking very pregnant indeed.  I can't walk fast, it's uncomfortable to sit, and I can feel baby girl is also feeling squashed, not a lot of space left for her anymore! I've loved pregnancy, but feeling really ready for the next stage.

Now busy doing a few house chores and making lists for this very exciting week ahead of us - two sleepies til baby Ella is in my arms! ♥

12 comments:

  1. Two sleeps!! I can't believe it! So exciting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone so fast. But I feel ready! Very excited. ♥
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Easter. I cannot wait until I can take Honeybear to see a movie and have him sit quietly through a meal out. This is the week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice when the kiddies are able to sit still for some time, gosh, I also remember really looking forward to it - before you know it Honeybear will also love movie outings!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the absolutely perfect weekend to lead up to welcoming baby Ella. So glad that you got this special time before she makes the great escape. Can't wait until she is here! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend, yes, this quiet time was exactly what I needed and wanted, feel very blessed that it could work out that way!
      xx

      Delete
  4. The perfect Easter Weekend! Glad you had fun with your loved ones, plus some much-deserved rest too!
    Whoop whoop, only one more sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest was really wonderful. :-D
      Woohoo, tomorrow this time she might be here already!!!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Min slapies! Ai dis so exciting! Geniet die laaste paar dae voor Ella haar opwagting maak! Laat my terug dink toe my 2de enetjie 3 jaar terug gebore was - die tyd vlieg omtrent! Sterkte daar vir jou! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baie dankie vir die inloer Michelle!
      Jy's reg, tyd vlieg veels te gou verby!!
      Dankie vir sterkte toewense, ek waardeer so baie!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a stunning weekend just before little Ella joins the family :-)
    Cannot believe its just 2 (and now just ONE) sleep til she arrives!! Soooo exciting :-) Cannot wait to "meet" her ... Enjoy today Jess!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nusha, I can't wait to update you guys with any news. Feeling very excited indeed!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)