Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Letter to Mia, and last bump piccie!

It's officially my last full day of being pregnant! So bittersweet.

I went for a check-up with dr Grassie, and all looks good for an induction.  I'm going to book into hospital tonight at 10pm, they start the drip medication at 11pm, then I sleep a while, then they do the gel medication at about 4am.  The anaesthetist will come do the epidural at 6am.  And baby Ella should arrive somewhere between 10am and 12pm!  Wow!!  Sounds like a brilliant plan, I do hope all goes smoothly.

Tomorrow this time I could be holding my baby girl! ♥

Can't wait for Mia to meet her baby sister, wow.

I prepared a present for Mia, from me, for her to receive tomorrow morning, when she wakes up and I'm not here.  I wrote her a special card, and did a voice recording of what I wrote, so that when she opens the present, my mom-in-law can show her the card and play the voice recording back to her.

Here's the letter:


My darling Mia,
Mommy is in hospital now, so that your baby sister Ella can be born.  How exciting! I can’t wait for you to come visit us at the hospital and meet your sister.
Mommy is missing you so much and thinking about you all the time.  I love you with my whole heart, and I am so proud of you.  You are going to be such a wonderful big sister!  I know you’re going to be my helper girl, and a good girl, and a gentle, caring, sharing sister. 
I can’t wait to come home again, so that we can all snuggle together – you, me, pappa, and baby Ella!
I’m such a lucky mommy, to have two special girls to hug and kiss and love.
Thank you for being my big special!
I love you to the moon and back.
Mommy
xx

And here's my very last bump piccie - 39 weeks today! 

I've loved and savoured the miracle of pregnancy - now it's time for the miracle and blessing of birth and babyhood!

9 comments:

  1. Just read your last 3 blogs so I'll comment on all of them.
    I'm so happy to hear that your Dad is doing well, it's great news.
    Love the easter post. I must say, I missed my easter egg this morning. I've gotten used to be at home (Liam was ill last week) and just reaching into the cupboard to get an egg.
    May you and Ella be blessed later and tomorrow. I can't wait to meet your newest little angel. I'm sure she'll be a beauty like the rest of her family
    Good luck Jess, all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen, I look forward to sharing my news.
      Hope Liam is all better!
      Hugs
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, snot & trane this side reading your letter to Mia... that's so very special! Especially the voice recording part :-)
    Will be thinking of you tonight when I do my 11pm bathroom run ;-)
    Have fun meeting your precious girly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw sorry for making you cry!!
      I think she's going to like her prezzie and voice recording. ;-)
      Thanks my friend, let you know as soon as I can!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, the butterflies, such excitement about to commence. You have gone above and beyond to get Mia ready to be a big sister and I know because of it Mia will be the best big sister any little girl could ask for. Wishing you everything of the best as your family of 3 becomes a family of 4! Will be thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got such butterflies, gosh. Thanks for special words, I do think Mia is going to adjust perfectly well to having a sibling!
      Thanks for thoughts!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Aww tears *sniff* That is such a beautiful little note for Mia. Good luck Jess, i am so excited for you. Can't wait to see baby Ella and see Mia in her new big sister role. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of you all day Jess!!

    Wishing you and your family sooo much love today and all the days to come ...
    Your letter to Mia is utterly precious ... and what a fantastic idea to make a voice recording for Mia to listen to :-)

    Can't wait to meet lil' Ella ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day when your daughters are older they are going to look back and say what a wonderful caring mother you are.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! :-)