Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm having a baby next week!!!

Nine months have gone by in the blink of an eye!

In nine days I get to meet my second baby girl.  I can't wait!

I have quite a lot I want to do this week, so I really hope she doesn't decide to surprise us earlier.  I must admit I am quite nervous of going into labour - would prefer to do the planned induction, and hopefully have a similar birth experience to when Mia was born.

My to-do list includes:
 - Prepare some meals that can be frozen (bolognaise mince, beef stew, chicken stroganoff, soup, lamb curry)
 - Prepare Nala's dog food and freeze in portions
 - Stock pantry and cleaning supplies
 - Sort out Mia's winter cupboard clothes
 - Set up camp cot and baby bath and let domestic worker clean them
 - General tidy up, especially desk, study, bathroom.
 - DIY dye my hair

And then to spend the four days of Easter weekend relaxing with Wyn and Mia, resting, and just enjoying and savouring the last few days of pregnancy.

How scary and exciting!!!
xx

8 comments:

  1. LOL, sorry, but I was thinking - Wouldn't it be funny if you had a boy! Or perhaps not.
    I sure hope you will be able to keep us updated from your hospital bed.
    Good luck Jess, all the blessing to you and your little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh LOL Helen, no, it won't be funny if it's a boy, gosh, he'll have an identity crisis with all the pink things. We can just call him Elih then, hey. LOL!
      Will have my tablet with me, so i'm sure i'll be able to do an update here!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow Jess! 9 Days left. I cant believe it! Hoping that all works out as planned, and if baby girl does surprise you early, you will at least have an interesting birth story :-)

    Enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Chantal! Sal verseker die laaste paar daggies geniet.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I feel your excitement all the way to PE today! That's awesome!
    Good luck with your huge to-do list for the week, seems like you have nesting syndrome in the worst degree :-p Just kidding!
    Enjoy these last days of pregnancy and have a wonderful Easter weekend ahead! Next week Ella will make her debut, just like planned I'm sure of it! MWAH xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, this is definitely some form of the nesting instinct going on, altho now I am going to procrastinate and go lie down and read, hehe!
      Mwah
      xx

      Delete
  4. My comment disappeared......This must be so exciting. I will keep an eye out for your announcement. You seem so very organised! Enjoy the Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, am trying to be organised, don't like feeling out of control. ;-)
      Have a wonderful Easter weekend too!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)